Component Relations Section Council is a group of volunteer association leaders who guide and recommend content for ASAE's Component Relations section related to chapter, affiliate, section and other component relations and management issues. This group typically requires two face to face meetings each year.Meeting Requirements:
- First In-person kick-off meeting that will take place in conjunction with ASAE’s 2018 Annual Meeting in Chicago Illinois, on Saturday, August 18, 2018 from 1:00 pm-4:00 pm. It’s mandatory for new appointees to the council - to attend the in-person kick-off meeting
The second meeting, is the mid-year meeting that will take place in February or March of 2019 – location to be determine.
- Conference Calls will be scheduled on a regular basis.
*Projects for 2018-2019 include:
- Generate topic ideas, identify content authors and create content for resources focused on assisting association component relations professionals for the Associations Now Plus Magazine.
- Engage with other ASAE members in the Component Relations Section Community on Collaborate, to help assist with questions and other related Component Relations related content.
- Selection of topics and speakers for Component Relations Virtual Roundtable, which is a facilitated discussion held on topics to help CR professionals be more successful in their jobs.
- Volunteer to serve as a peer reviewer for ASAE conference submissions and sit on the ASAE Program Advisory Committee to help categorized the education content.
- Define session content that will help Component Relations Professionals at the following ASAE Conferences: ASAE Annual, Great Ideas and MMCC.
Applicants should have demonstrated expertise in component relations in association management.
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the eligibility requirements and how they are can contribute to the 2018-2019 projects of the group
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations)pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.