The Ethics Committee actively engages members through social media, face-to-face and e-learning, articles, and other forms of communications about ethical practices in the association community and about the applications of ASAE’s Standards of Conduct. This group requires two face to face meetings per term. The first kick off meeting is held at the ASAE Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, UT on Saturday, August 16, 2016. This meeting is mandatory for new council members. The second meeting will be held at ASAE headquarters in the spring of 2017. Projects for 2016-2017 include:
- Collecting and providing resources about ethics codes, policies, and practices.
- Promoting an understanding and application of appropriate behaviors for association executives, the associations they represent, their volunteer leaders, and their industry partners and consultants in the context of ASAE’s Standards of Conduct.
- Developing ethics related tools for the association community and educating the community on why and how to use these tools:
- Policies, Procedures and Compliance Checklist
- Ethics Code Provisions Matrix
- Decision Making Model
The committee is interested in a diverse membership reflecting a broad range of association positions and from the member business community. Skills needed: An interest in education delivery systems, as well as a background in ethics is helpful.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted until May 6 or sufficient applications have been received.