The Component Relations & Volunteer Management Advisory Council is a group of volunteer association leaders who guide and recommend content for ASAE’s Component Relations section related to chapter, affiliate, section and other component relations and management issues.2021-2022 Work of the Group:
- Identify pertinent ASAE conference topics and content leaders that resonate with association professionals that work in the components and membership capacity.
- Provide article topics or submit articles that will serve the that will serve the constituents in this community (components and membership).
- Identify potential content leaders from outside or inside the council to present webinars on component and membership related topics or improve the effectiveness of component and membership professionals.
- Develop and participate in Council's "Crunch and Munch" monthly virtual discussion and outreach to its component relations community.
- Provide to support to ASAE by serving as a peer reviewer for conference proposal submissions and sitting on the Program Advisory Committee – which acts as an extension of selecting the proposals for ASAE conferences.
- Support ASAE’s initiatives with ad-hoc task forces as and when needed.
- A minimum of five years of relevant component and membership experience is required to participate on the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council.
- The leadership of this council along with the ASAE support staff is looking for a candidate who is engaged with ASAE, demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, sound business acumen and collaborative spirit in working with other volunteers.
Applications should answer the following questions:
- This group requires two 90 min virtual meetings each year, the first meeting (kick-off meeting) takes place in August 2021. The second in winter 2022 which will be hybrid.
- Conference calls will take place to ensure the flow of projects and work demand.
- A virtual orientation will be held for new volunteers in July. Exact date to be determined.
- Why are you interested in the work of this council?
- What will be your contribution?
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.