Proctors are needed for the December 7, 2018 CAE exam in Washington, DC. We ask that proctors arrive by 8 AM and plan on staying no later than 2 PM. This includes an extra hour on each end of the exam to perform proctor duties. The exam will be held at ASAE, 1575 I St. NW, Washington, DC 20005.
No prior experience is needed, but to serve as proctor to the CAE exam you must meet three criteria:
- You must hold currently the CAE credential.
- You cannot have been involved in preparing CAE candidates for the exam over the past year.
- The following individuals are not eligible to serve as proctors:
- Current members of the CAE Commission
- Current members of the CAE Appeals Committee
- Current members of the CAE Examination Committee
- Current members of the CAE Item Writing Committee
- Current members of the CAE Professional Conduct Committee
- Current CAE study or review course instructors
- Anyone who has a familial or an employment relationship with any candidate during an administration of the examination.
As a proctor, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the security of the examination materials AT ALL TIMES.
- Arriving in advance to ensure that the test room is adequately prepared, allowing time to adjust temperature, rearrange furniture, and post signs if needed.
- Checking-in examinees.
- Reading instructions to examinees.
- Administering the examination, maintaining a fair and secure test environment.
- Collecting the completed test materials and returning them to the CAE Department.