The Component Relations & Volunteer Management Section Council is a group of volunteer association leaders who guide and recommend content for ASAE’s Component Relations section related to chapter, affiliate, section other component relations and management issues.
Eligibility Requirements- A minimum of five years of relevant component and membership experience is required to participate the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council. The leadership of this council along with the ASAE support staff is looking for a candidate who is engaged with ASAE, demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, sound business acumen collaborative spirit in working with other volunteers.
Industry experience needed: As a volunteer of the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council, you will get of developing content in the areas of:
- Identify pertinent ASAE conference topics and content leaders that resonate with association professionals that work in the components and membership capacity.
- Provide article topics or submit articles that will serve the constituents in this community (components and membership).
- Identify potential content leaders from outside or inside the council to present webinars on component and membership related topics or improve the effectiveness of component and membership professionals.
- Provide to support to ASAE by serving as a peer reviewer for conference proposal submissions and sitting on the Program Advisory Committee – which acts as an extension of selecting the proposals for ASAE conferences.
- Support ASAE’s initiatives with ad-hoc task forces as and when needed.
Number of Volunteers Needed: Between 4-6 Volunteers are needed for the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council
Volunteer Opportunity Kick-off Location:
This year’s kick-off meeting will be held on Saturday, August 10th
from – during ASAE Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.