The Component Relations & Volunteer Management Section Council is a group of volunteer association leaders who guide and recommend content for ASAE’s Component Relations section related to chapter, affiliate, section and other component relations and management issues.
Signup Deadline-May 4th,2020
Kick-Off Meeting Info: Saturday, August 8th Nevada, Las Vegas at 9am– 2 pm
This group requires one face to face meeting per term. This kick off meeting will be held at ASAE Annual Meeting in Nevada, Las Vegas on Saturday, August 8, 2020. This meeting is mandatory for new council members. A second meeting will be held at ASAE headquarters in the spring of 2021 with the option to participate in person or virtually.
Eligibility Requirements- A minimum of five years of relevant component and membership experience is required to participate on the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council. The leadership of this council along with the ASAE support staff is looking for a candidate who is engaged with ASAE, demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, sound business acumen and collaborative spirit in working with other volunteers.
Industry experience needed: As a volunteer of the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council, you will get privilege of developing content in the areas of:
- Identify pertinent ASAE conference topics and content leaders that resonate with association professionals that work in the components and membership capacity.
- Provide article topics or submit articles that will serve the that will serve the constituents in this community (components and membership).
- Identify potential content leaders from outside or inside the council to present webinars on component and membership related topics or improve the effectiveness of component and membership professionals.
- Provide to support to ASAE by serving as a peer reviewer for conference proposal submissions and sitting on the Program Advisory Committee – which acts as an extension of selecting the proposals for ASAE conferences.
- Support ASAE’s initiatives with ad-hoc task forces as and when needed.
Number of Volunteers Needed: Between 4-6 Volunteers are needed for the Component Relations and Volunteer Management Section Council
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. TBD virtual component
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.