The Technology Professional Advisory Council serves in the advisory capacity to ASAE. It provides guidance, recommendations and expertise for technology practitioners and organizations through contributions to Associations Now. The council works to identify critical issues in the everchanging technology community while trying to help organizations achieve success. The council contributes to major conferences such as ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition and Marketing, Membership & Communications Conferences. The council maintains and monitors technology discussions in the Technology Professionals Community of Collaborate. Technology Professional Advisory Council members assist in creating a sense of community among association information technology professionals and its champions. This a one-year commitment.
Volunteers on the Technology Professional Advisory Council (TPAC) are expected to participate in the mandatory virtual orientation and kickoff meetings in July, dates and times TBD. TPAC members should expect to participate in one hybrid meetings each year. We will meet on August 5 during the ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition and the will meet in December, date & time TBD.
It is important for council volunteers to join the standing virtual meetings held on the third Thursday of each month to facilitate council work and to discuss the needs of the association technology community. The meetings are typically 60 minutes each. Volunteers are required to join a work group with the council generally related to new or continuing projects. Council members should note that any commitments required as part of participation in work groups are in addition to, rather than in lieu of, tasks required of the council. Council volunteers are expected to represent, connect with, and engage the larger body of ASAE technology members.
Applicants should answer the following questions on their application:
1. How have you contributed to your organization's technology strategy?
2. Why do you want to serve on this Council?
3. How best can you contribute your talents: E.g., as a leader of a small group, a facilitator, an ideator, a writer, content creator, etc.?
4. What are you looking to gain by serving on this Council?
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.