The committee is comprised of volunteer leaders who support the work of the ASAE Research Foundation by creating awareness of the Research Foundation’s value and assisting with the identification and securing of financial resources within the association and industry partner communities. This is a fundraising group that provides expertise and counsel, and actively communicates with our donors and prospective donors.
- Attend a 2-hour virtual orientation meeting on December 13, 2021.
- Attend a two-day Hybrid Research Foundation Committees Kick-off Meeting, January 20-21, 2022 in Washington, D.C.
- Attend bi-monthly Committee conference calls, and additional sub-committee calls as scheduled.
Work for 2022 includes:
How the Committee is organized
- Assisting the Director of Development in fine-tuning the Research Foundation value proposition, case for support, and messaging used to secure donations;
- Evaluating new fundraising event and sponsorship strategies;
- Helping Identify new potential Research Foundation organizational/corporate partners and industry sectors;
- Speaking on behalf of the ASAE Research Foundation using staff prepared talking points;
- Providing donor stewardship through personal outreach to current and recently lapsed donors;
- Assisting the Director of Development by leveraging professional relationships and affiliations to directly solicit donations from individuals, organizations and for-profit companies;
- Supporting the ASAE Research Foundation through participation in fundraising and donor cultivation events such as: The Classic, Five-Star Weekend, and Virtual Research Learning Sessions.
- Collaborating with the Research Committee for current and future project planning.
The Committee is led by a chair, and the vice chair assists with committee management. The Committee Chair assumes their role on January 1, 2022 and will serve through calendar year 2022. Committee members for this recruitment will be asked to serve from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
Committee members may work on specific subcommittees to address specific Research Foundation development goals and initiatives. The Committee is supported by several staff liaisons who work with the group on a day-to-day basis and provide overall strategic leadership to the group consistent with the goals and objectives of the ASAE Research Foundation. Each Committee member is appointed for a one-year term and may be re-appointed for up to three consecutive years of service.Eligibility Requirements:
- 1 to 3 years’ experience – Marketing, sales/business development, and/or fundraising experience a plus.
- Have experience with fundraising, or a willingness to learn and participate in development best practices, and comfort making stewardship and/or donor solicitation outreach.