The Healthcare Community Advisory Committee (HCAC) brings together senior staff members of healthcare organizations in a community to address the learning, networking, and research needs of these members. The committee provides a forum for sharing best practices in the field of healthcare association management through topic focused workgroups. Some of the areas of interests include education & content development; research & tools; and communication & promotion. The focus of the Healthcare Community Advisory Committee is to stay informed on current health care issues and anticipate future challenges to determine how the committee can best help health care associations address these topics to better serve their members.
The Healthcare Community Advisory Committee (HCAC) is charged to assist ASAE by advising and supporting the creation of services for Healthcare Association Professionals.
What to expect for your service:
Volunteers to HCAC will bring forth knowledge, topics, and ideas that feed back into ASAE's current 3-year strategic plan. ASAE seeks to understand how we can best serve our members in healthcare associations now and in the near future and this committee is one of the vital information resources ASAE wants to leverage to help us meet those needs.
This group requires 1 virtual orientation meeting and 2 longer meetings. Orientation meeting is mandatory for new volunteers.
• Virtual Orientation Meeting- July 2023, exact date TBD
• Virtual Kick-off Meeting- July 2023
• Optional in-person volunteer brunch and meeting at ASAE Annual Meeting Saturday, August 5, 2023 (this is not required for service)
• The second longer meeting is held Winter 2024. Currently, this meeting is being planned as a hybrid meeting.
• Full committee conference calls are scheduled bi-monthly.
• Committee members should also expect to meet with their subcommittee virtually to complete work on an as needed basis.
Projects for the 2023-2024 year:
• Identifying trends and possible disruptions association professionals in healthcare associations will face in the near future.
• Supporting ASAE’s strategic priorities through input, advice, and guidance as it relates specifically to association professionals in healthcare associations. This will be guided by ASAE staff on an as needed basis throughout the term.
• Advise on and when needed support the building of a resource base of knowledge and tools for healthcare association professionals including article topics for Associations Now Daily and proposals for ASAE’s major conferences. Committee members can identify topics, authors, speakers for ASAE without the expectation of creating the content but are welcome to be the creators of identified content.
- Applicants should have demonstrated experience and knowledge around issues surrounding the work of association management professionals in the healthcare field.
- Applicants should feel comfortable contributing to committee meetings, providing feedback on questions from ASAE, and bringing forth issues/topics in this demographic that ASAE should be aware of.
- Applicants should be comfortable with their role being advisory in nature without the expectation of creating content although some work may turn into content during the term.
HCAC is looking for 4 new members for the 2023-2024 term which means not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process.
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.