*Deadline Extended* - Due to the ramifications of COVID-19, the Membership, Marketing and Communications Conference has been canceled. Therefore, the recruitment of volunteers is being adjusted.
The Membership Professionals Advisory Council works to support ASAE’s professional interest community for association membership professionals (and association professionals with membership responsibilities) by creating valuable resources, providing feedback on appropriate ASAE educational opportunities and creating community. This council meets at least once a year in-person. Quarterly calls are also a part of this council functionality to help meet the demands of your peers in the industry.
Eligibility Requirements: A minimum of five years of relevant membership experience is required to participate in the Membership Section Council. The leadership of this council along with the ASAE support staff is looking for a candidate that can demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, sound business acumen, and collaborative spirit in working with other volunteers.
Industry experience needed: As a volunteer of the Membership Professionals Advisory Council, you will assist in developing content in the areas of:
- Identify pertinent membership topic areas of focus for conferences that are associated with this council (Membership Marketing Communication Conference and ASAE Annual Meeting) by working with ASAE staff and other appropriate volunteer groups to select proposals and promote the conference.
- Identify potential content leaders from outside or inside the council to submit proposals for other ASAE conferences.
- Support ASAE’s initiatives with ad-hoc task forces as and when needed.
Volunteer Opportunity Kick-off Location: TBD. Orientation is virtual.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation meeting in order to serve. There is a virtual meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.