The Public Policy Committee provides oversight for all matters of ASAE that relate to government, particularly at the federal level. The committee sets priorities on handling issues that uniquely affect associations and association executives as well as recommends broad policy direction to the board of directors.Meeting Requirements:
The committee holds meetings throughout the year via conference call. The committee does not meet at Annual Meeting.
Expectations of Committee Members:
1. Committee members are expected to join all committee meetings via conference call
2. Participate in American Associations Day- ASAE's annual legislative fly-in March 19-20, 2020
3. Consider donating to APAC (ASAE’s political action committee)
4. Assist in supporting ASAE’s strategic plan.
Association public policy professionals who work on state, federal, or international affairs. Applicants must be currently working in an association as a public policy professional to be considered for this opportunity.
- Committee members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council, committee, ad-hoc) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.