The D & I Committee exists to develop and promote resources for supporting associations with their diversity and inclusion efforts.
Annual committee activities include:
- Personal and project team recruitment efforts to assist ASAE in achieving greater diversity in the composition of membership.
- Develop and implement projects outlined in ASAE’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan (org/aboutus) that support ASAE’s Diversity Executive Leadership Program (DELP) program and alumni (www.asaecenter.org/delp).
- Identify D & I topics and assist in the creation of resources to help increase the cultural competency of association professionals & ASAE staff.
- Identify D & I topics and speakers and submit proposals to ASAE education program RFPs.
- Attend ASAE events and workshops to enhance the visibility of the work and contribution of the D&I Committee.
- Perform outreach efforts and implement partnership ideas by serving as a liaison to assigned ASAE Councils.
1. A commitment to practical application of diversity and inclusion principles within associations
2. Time and dedication to follow-up and follow-through to meet project goals and deadlines within a team is required
3. D & I Practitioner or professionals who work in or manage D & I programs are encouraged to apply.
Meeting Information (time, date & location)
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee requires one face to face meeting each year, a kickoff meeting in March 2019 to held in Washington, DC. Volunteers are expected to attend this meeting at their own expense.
Application Deadline and Communication Timeline:
Please submit your application on or before Friday, December 28, 2018
Notification of the status of your application will be provided in January 2019.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Add a tag