The 2020 Annual Meeting & Exposition is an inclusive opportunity for all current and future ASAE members in the association industry to engage in exceptional formal and informal learning experiences that help to advance career and professional development, individual productivity, and organizational effectiveness.
Peer Reviewers serve a key role to ensure that extraordinary learning opportunities are selected from the proposals submitted. Since the Annual Meeting & Exposition offers participants both both broad and deep learning experiences, Peer Reviewers help to shape a dynamic and meaningful program.
Time commitment: Up to 5 hours, that includes:
- Familiarizing yourself with the sections of the Call for Proposals.
- Pre-read of all assigned proposals.
- Anonymously rating each proposal based on stated criteria using the online rating form.
- Providing open-ended constructive feedback as appropriate.
Timeline for Peer Review Planning:
- Applications for this opportunity due no later than: Friday, October 4, 2019 at 11:59 pm ET
- Peer Review Process: October 15 through November 12, 2019
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Your role, as a Peer Reviewer, is important in determining the most suitable content to meet the conference objectives. Through this process, you will read and rank session proposals both aligned with your area(s) of expertise and overall business acumen in coordination with other leadership reviewers to support ASAE in developing an education and learning program that reflects the diversification of thought and meets the needs of our target audience.
ASAE Session Experience Levels
To best characterize the level of knowledge and business practice related to content submitted, ASAE uses the following levels: Foundational, Applied, and Strategic. Submitters of proposals are asked to designate the level of each session.
ASAE’s Expectation of Each Peer Reviewer:
- Content leaders’ names will not be visible during the online ratings process.
- Peer reviewers agree to abstain from reviewing any proposal they submitted and/or for which they have a conflict of interest.
- Peer reviewers must maintain current membership in ASAE during the volunteer term.
- Peer reviewers agree to abide by ASAE guidelines (confidentiality, unbiased opinions, etc.), rating criteria and review timeline.
- Experience level of each Peer Reviewer: 1) Professionals who have experience working in different functional areas/holding different staff roles within the association industry. 2) Professionals who have joined the association industry from another industry/sector and thus have business knowledge and practice. 3) Professionals who are excited about creative and innovative approaches to achieve business goals while having the experience to adequately determine the feasibility of adopting new practices. 4) Emerging leaders who hold at least 3 years of association professional experience at the senior manager level.
Submitted Conference Proposals:
ASAE seeks proposals that reflect sound adult learning principles and reveal the best thinking in the field, informed by theory, research, comprising a mix of the following:
- Reflect innovative, cutting-edge content, and evidence-based practice
- Present a business case with evidence supported by research or data
- Explore issues important to international audiences
- Stimulate and provoke discussion, audience engagement, and outcome-focused design
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and development of new competencies
- Use methods that draw out past and current knowledge and experiences of participants
- Emerging leaders through executive-level professionals
- Provide diverse approaches for different types of learners
- Demonstrate the relevance of lessons through “real-life” case studies
Rating Criteria for Each Proposal:
- Originality | It is essential that we offer attendees unique and insightful sessions to fulfill a learning program that reflects our evolving and dynamic community/industry.
- Relevance | ASAE seeks session content that is applicable and transferable representing diverse perspectives and solutions to support the advancement of association professionals energy, time, and investment.
- Program Design | ASAE seeks sessions that incorporate good practices for adult education with clear learning objectives/outcomes that are measurable and achievable.
- Ability to Inspire Action | ASAE seeks content leaders who offer diverse capabilities - inspiration, subject matter expertise, facilitation skills, and the ability to evoke action. We want participants to return to their respective organizations to implement and share what they learned.
- However, given this is a blind review process, based on the instructional design and the above factors, please rate and provide specific comments as to the delivery and facilitation of the session to achieve the stated learning outcomes.
- Overall Quality | ASAE is dedicated to ensuring that all the conference sessions meet the highest standards of excellence based on: originality, relevance, program design, and the ability to inspire action.