Executive Management Section Council is focused on creating a sense of community and engagement within ASAE among CEOs and other C-level staff executives. The Council is comprised of volunteer association thought leaders who foster community engagement, recommend content for ASAE programs, events, publications, and other resources related to the needs and interests of CEOs and senior staff executives. Work for 2021 -2022
- Two All-council meetings with ASAE staff:
- There would be questions with prereading
- They would be focus on bringing ideas for feedback. The staff could be asking the questions and/or there could be questions from the council. Happy Hours every month
- Leadership chooses a day and time to be announced at orientation (or we could add it to the call).
- These are optional and serve as information sharing and networking opportunities for the volunteers.
- At least twice a year the Happy Hour is open to the section members to “meet up with the council”. This should take place prior to one of the council’s meeting with ASAE staff. This will allow the council to share with staff the thoughts of the general membership.
- This group requires orientation and two meetings each year.
- Orientation will be held on July 15, 2021. This is a virtual meeting.
- Kick off meeting will be held during the week of August 23 – 27, 2021. Exact date will be determined after council members are selected in June. This will be a virtual meeting.
- The council’s second meeting will be in the winter of 2022. It will be either hybrid or virtual depending on current pandemic conditions.
The group seeks CEOs and C-Suite level staff with several years’ experience. Familiarity with ASAE Foundation’s Research and ASAE content is helpful. Please share why you desire to be a part of this council? Please do NOT provide a CV or resume.Additional Information:
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry. ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.