The Communication Section Council is a group of thought leaders in association communications who are asked to provide insight, guidance and support to develop content that ensures ASAE disseminates products and services that exceed the expectations of association communication professionals seeking to move their work, their organizations and the association community forward. They serve as a support to communication professionals in the association and nonprofit industry by collecting and disseminating effective practices, and providing resources in the areas of communications planning, print and electronic publishing, online communication tools, public relations, media relations, and presentations.
Kick-Off Meeting Info (date, time & location):
This group requires one in-person kickoff meeting on Monday, May 1, 2017 at 9:00 am Eastern Time at ASAE, 1575 I Street NW, Washington, DC, prior to the ASAE’s Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference.
Estimated Monthly Time Commitment:
Please expect to commit about 2-3 hours per month
Focus for FY18:
- Identify and report on communication challenges and trends and use this knowledge to inform and develop programs and resources.
- Engage with association communication professionals of all levels.
- Connect with and involve Communication Section members.
- Share industry knowledge and best practices.
- Disseminate information on communications professional disciplines.
- Demonstrate association communications as a track for career advancement
- Support the Gold Circle Awards program
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council, committee, ad-hoc) at a time.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted until February 24th or sufficient applications have been received. Note: When you sign up, please tell us why you're interested in joining the council by using the additional information box.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.