Executive Management Section Council is focused on creating a sense of community and engagement in ASAE among CEOs and other C-level staff executives. The members of this Council have unique insight into the challenges that CEOs and C-level staff face in their roles. Volunteers for the Council should expect to foster community engagement through Collaborate and other venues; propose programming to ASAE’s annual meeting; and advocate for possible programs, events, and publications in order to ensure ASAE is meeting the needs of C-level staffers and CEOs.
Work for 2022 -2023
Two all-council meetings with ASAE staff:
- Council members will be assigned a few hours of reading to complete in the weeks before the meeting
- Council members are expected to help develop ideas for discussion with staff to assist ASAE in its program development
Virtual Happy Hours every other month:
- Optional events for sharing information and networking for Council members.
- Periodically the Councils opens the Happy Hour to non-council members to encourage a sense of community and engagement.
Volunteers Should Plan to Attend:
- Virtual orientation meeting on Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 3:00 pm EDT (required for new members).
- Virtual kick-off meeting during the week of August 1- 5 This will be a virtual meeting. Exact date will be determined after council members are selected in June.
- There will be an opportunity to meet in-person on Saturday, August 20, 2022 as part of the ASAE Annual Meeting
- The council will meet in the winter of 2023. It will include a hybrid option. This meeting will be scheduled in the fall.
- 3+ years of experience as a CEO or in a C-Suite level role
- Familiarity with ASAE Foundation’s research, Associations Now, and ASAE meetings
- ASAE Strategic Plan
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Committee or Council members for travel if a face-to-face meeting is held.
- Members can only serve on one (1) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.