The Association Management Companies (AMC) Advisory Council is charged with advising ASAE on programs and content that serve association professionals working in or interested in working in an AMC model.
Work of the Group:
As a volunteer of the Association Management Companies Advisory Council, you will have the opportunity to assist ASAE in achieving their current strategic initiatives:
- To deeply understand and serve the needs of association CEOs and C-Suite leaders o To build meaningful community through omni-channel platforms and events
- To create leadership pathways for association professionals.
- Actively engage with ASAE’s AMC community through hands-on participation in AMC Collaborate community, article submissions for consideration in ASAE publications including the AMC Guide, educational submissions for ASAE programming, and other activities that benefit the community while increasing AMC member participation.
- Identify pertinent topics and content leaders (inside and outside the Council) that resonate with association professionals currently working in or who are interested in an AMC.
- Support ASAE by volunteering to serve as a peer reviewer for conference proposal submissions. If invited, participate on the Program Advisory Committee which acts as an extension of selecting the proposals for ASAE conferences.
- Network with other ASAE Committees and Task Forces to explore areas where synergies and collaborative opportunities may exist.
- Participate in ASAE’s ad-hoc task forces as and when needed.
- The Council will begin with an Orientation for new volunteers in July (Date to be determined).
- The Council will kick off its term in a virtual meeting in August after ASAE’s Annual Meeting. This meeting is required for new volunteers.
- The Council will hold its second meeting in the winter of 2022 at the ASAE Headquarters. Date of this meeting will be decided at the August meeting.
Applications should answer the following questions:Share why you are interested in being a member of the AMC Professionals Advisory Council and what future challenges you see for the AMC Community.Selection Process:
- A minimum of five years of relevant association management experience is required to participate on the Association Management Professionals Advisory Council.
- Ideally, the volunteer will be a current staffer of an AMC.
- The leadership of this council along with the ASAE support staff is looking for a candidate who is engaged with ASAE, demonstrates initiative, enthusiasm, sound business acumen, and collaborative spirit in working with other volunteers.
The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.