March 17th - Final day to respond to the Call for Volunteer
March 31st at 12:00pm EST – Subcommittee Kickoff Meeting (Conference Call)
September 2017 (Exact Date TBD) – DC Law: Association Law Symposium
The DC Law Symposium Planning Subcommittee is dedicated to strengthening the association sector and helping association and legal professionals reach their highest level of performance through the creation of a legal conference. This one day program will provide advanced-level program content that offers timely and relevant updates on changes to existing laws and legal precedents, explanations of new laws and regulations, as well as tips and practical tools for legal professionals and association executives. Subcommittee members will work with ASAE staff, the Legal Section Council and legal peers to develop the DC Law: Association Law Symposium scheduled for Fall 2017. Member assignments include:
- Participation in monthly planning conference call meetings
- Assisting with the creation of break-out sessions and program descriptions to be used for conference brochure
- Contributing new, innovative and relevant ideas during planning discussions to aid in the development of the premier legal event in the DC area for association executives and attorneys
- Working closely with ASAE staff to identify dynamic speakers and subject matter panel experts (can include subcommittee members)
- Partnering with presenters to ensure the timely development and submission of PowerPoint presentations and session handout materials in accordance with set ASAE deadlines
- Promotion of symposium materials and information via various media channels and word of mouth to assist with recruitment of conference attendees
- Attendance at and participation in the DC Law: Association Law Symposium (tentative date in early fall 2017)
- Offer recommendations to ASAE staff regarding prospective passionate volunteers eager to assist with the development of future conferences and learning programs
Members are asked to make at least a one year commitment to conference planning and implementation efforts. The 2017 – 2018 subcommittee term will begin on March 31st, 2017.
DC Law: Association Law Symposium
The DC Law: Association Law Symposium is the definitive legal education event addressing the most pressing issues in association and nonprofit law today. Whether you are an in-house counsel for an association, an attorney with association clients, a CEO, or a senior-level association executive, this program will give you the insider perspectives you need to keep abreast of critical legal issues. You’ll hear timely and relevant updates and changes to existing laws and legal precedents, explanations of new laws and regulations, and tips and practical tools that can be implemented back at the office.