ASAE is seeking a diverse set of volunteers to help select the recipients for ASAE’s Power of Associations Awards (https://powerofassociations.org/awards/). These premier awards honor association programs that have made a significant impact in their community.
This is a rewarding “micro-volunteering” opportunity, with a limited – but dedicated – time commitment. Volunteer activity begins in March with an orientation call and ends with a wrap-up meeting in October. The general committee calendar is as follows:
- Kick-Off Meeting: TBD (mid-March)
- Bias Training: TBD (March/April)
- First Round (Silver/Gold) Judging Period: 8-26 May
- Silver/Gold Selection Meeting: TBD (week of 5 June)
- Second Round (Summit) Judging Period: 12-30 June
- Summit Selection Meeting: TBD (week of 10 July)
- Process Review/Debrief: TBD (week of 17 July)
- Awards Dinner: Thursday, 28 September*
- Wrap-Up Meeting: TBD (October)
All meetings will be held virtually in the early afternoon (Eastern time). Exact times will be set via Doodle poll once all committee members have been seated.
It is expected that members set aside sufficient time during the May-July time frame to judge assigned applications and to participate in the selection meetings. This is the most time-critical period. Members may be asked to judge approximately 50 applications during each of the two rounds of judging, depending on the total number submitted and the number identified for possible Summit Award recognition.
This year, we will also be establishing subcommittees to review several aspects of the overall process (application, communications, etc.). This is a continuation of discussions the committee held in 2022 regarding potential improvements to be considered for the 2024 award cycle. This activity will likely take place in the July-September time frame (after we have completed our judging and before we wrap up for the year). It is our hope that most, if not all, committee members will take part in at least one of these subcommittees.
Thank you for your interest in serving on the ASAE Power of Associations Summit Awards Judging Committee. We will reach out to you soon to inform you about the selections.
Mark A. Vasquez, CAE
Victoria Forlini, CAE
(*) IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Attendance at the Awards Dinner is optional and non-complimentary.
- Committee members assume travel expenses to attend any in-person meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.