The committee is comprised of volunteer leaders who support the work of the ASAE Foundation by creating awareness of the Foundation’s value and assisting with the identification and securing of financial resources within the association community. This is a fundraising group. This group requires one face to face meeting each year. The first conference call will be held in December as a virtual orientation (mandatory for new members). In January a face-to-face meeting will be held in Washington, DC at the ASAE Headquarters.Work for 2021 includes:
How is the Committee organized?
- Evaluating the value proposition used to secure donations;
- Informing the creation of new fundraising opportunities and the messaging utilized to promote them;
- Collaborating with the Research Committee as needed for current and future project planning;
- Assisting the Development Director by leveraging professional relationships and affiliations to directly solicit donations from individuals, organizations and for-profit companies;
- Speaking on behalf of the ASAE Research Foundation using staff prepared talking points;
- Soliciting current and past donors by personalizing and disseminating ASAE Research Foundation communications tools prepared for committee members;
- Supporting the ASAE Research Foundation through participation in fundraising events such as: The Classic, golf tournaments, Five-Star Weekend, The Pour and other events, that exist now or will be created in the future, to benefit the Foundation.
The Committee is led by a chair, and the vice chair assists with committee management. The ASAE Research Foundation fundraises on a calendar year. Committee Chair assumes the role of Chair on January 1, 2021 and will serve through calendar year 2021. Committee members for this recruitment will be asked to serve from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. Committee members may work with specific subcommittees to meet Foundation goals for the Annual Fund and specific events and initiatives. The Committee is supported by several staff liaisons who work with the group on a day-to-day basis and provides overall strategic leadership to the group consistent with the goals and objectives of the ASAE Research Foundation. Each committee member is usually appointed for a one-year term and may be re-appointed for no more than a total of three consecutive years of service.
How often does the Committee meet?
Applicant Requirements (All things a member must be available to do for this opportunity):
The Committee begins with a Kick-off Meeting in January. Every other month, the Committee will meet virtually via conference call.
Who pays my expenses?
Committee members (or their organizations) pay their own expenses.
- Attend conference calls to provide and hear updates on committee traction
- An interest in fundraising and a willingness to learn best practices.
- Any other important information for the applicant- You will be required to make donation asks of others.