The Research Committee provides insight, guidance, and expertise that fosters and promotes the use of research to identify effective association practices, policies, and skills. The committee supports the ASAE Research Foundation in reaching its strategic goals and ensuring the information disseminated is timely, accurate, and useful to meet the needs of associations professionals and the association community. The committee works closely with Foundation staff in the areas of research and knowledge dissemination, engagement, and application.
Volunteers report to the volunteer group chair regarding day-to-day volunteering activities. Volunteers must actively participate in the work of the group, provide thoughtful input to deliberations, focus on the best interests of ASAE, ASAE Research Foundation, and the membership rather than personal or constituent interests, and work toward the accomplishment of the goals as outlined by the volunteer group’s plan of work for the volunteer year as well as those described in ASAE's strategic plan.
At least 2 years industry experience; no research experience necessary to apply.
· Provide insight and thought leadership in the development and management of strategic research initiatives.
· Offer advice on conceptual framework, approach, methodology, and interpretation of research findings.
· Offer insights on project planning and design, vendor selection, project oversight, instrument testing, and review of manuscripts, etc.
· Utilize specialized talent and skills in support of accomplishing research project goals.
· Serving on at least one, but preferably no more than three, task forces. The commitment(s) required of the task force(s) is in addition to those required of the Research Committee.
Applications should answer the following question:
How do you use data/research to make everyday decisions in your organization (or otherwise)?
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, the immediate past chair, and the ASAE staff liaison.
· Orientation in August (TBD); This meeting is held virtually and is required for all new volunteers.
· In-Person Gathering, August 5, 2023, at the ASAE Annual Meeting & Expo in Atlanta, GA.
· Kickoff Meeting in September (TBD); This meeting is held virtually and is required by all committee members.
Applicants should clearly articulate, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
· The Research Committee generally holds quarterly, virtual meetings (TBD). However, there may be monthly conference calls scheduled by small working groups and task forces.
· New volunteers are required to attend the orientation to serve.
· Committee members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
· Members can only serve one (1) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
Diversity of Voice:
With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, ASAE encourages members to update their information in their ASAE Profile.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.