M&E Professional Advisory Council - The focus of the council is to utilize their collective talent to provide tools and resources that will help those involved in meetings, expositions and event management in the shaping and planning for the future (strategic versus NOW), identifying new models and creating best practices, and building on past M&E efforts. The council has developed a process for identifying and developing the NEXT BIG issue facing the meetings industry.
The group requires three in person meetings; the first meeting this year will be held on Saturday, August 20. Other meetings will be a Fall Retreat, and a Spring 2022 full day meeting in Washington, DC. The vast majority of our work is done at these three meetings, so attendance is critical and is taken in consideration when viewing the applications.
FY 22/23 activities include:
- Participate in the Group Orientation Call on Wednesday, July 27, 2–2:30 p.m. ET
- Help develop, review, test and support meeting innovations at ASAE’s meetings
- Strong industry knowledge in any of the following areas; meetings industry hospitality, meeting services, meetings, expositions, and event management
- Strategic Thinkers with an awareness of industry trends
- Ability to work in teams to identify industry trends and build out content business plans supported by group facilitator
- Be available to provide insight to industry reporters when requests come into ASAE regarding meetings and expositions about various industry topics.
Time Commitment: Year-Long Commitment, Travel required for the three meetings.
Eligibility Requirements: 7-10 years industry experience
Industry experience needed: Designing, developing, delivering, and hosting meeting, tradeshows, and events.
Volunteer Opportunity Kick-off Location: Virtual-Zoom (August)
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.