M&E Section Council - The focus of the council is to utilize their collective talent to provide tools and resources that will help those involved in meetings, expositions and event management in the shaping and planning for the future (strategic versus NOW), identifying new models and creating best practices, and building on past M&E efforts. The council has developed a process for identifying and developing the NEXT BIG issue facing the meetings industry. The group requires three in person meetings; the first meeting is at ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition in Salt Lake City, UT on Saturday, August 13, 2016. Other meetings will be a fall meeting October 20-22, 2016 at the Loews Sapphire Falls, in Orlando, FL and at the Great Ideas Conference, March 4, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Orlando, FL. The vast majority of our work is done in person so meeting attendance is critical and is taken in consideration when viewing the applications.
FY 15/16 activities include:
- Contribute content for electronic newsletters
- Support other meeting-related events
- Work on content review and experience delivery for the Annual Meeting & Exposition & ASAE’s newest event being announced at the Year’s Springtime and launched in 2017 for teams who are responsible for planning and executing meetings.
- Support the Business of Meetings Certificate program as panelists and attendees
- Help develop, review, test and support meeting innovations at ASAE’s meetings
- Strong industry knowledge in any of the following areas; meetings industry hospitality, meeting services, meetings, expositions, and event management
- Strategic Thinkers with an awareness of industry trends
- Ability to work in teams to identify industry trends and build out content business plans supported by group facilitator
- Be available to provide insight to industry reporters when requests come into ASAE regarding meetings and expositions about various industry topics.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted until May 6 or sufficient applications have been received.