The DC Law Symposium Planning Subcommittee is dedicated to strengthening the association sector and helping association and legal professionals reach their highest level of performance through the creation of a legal conference. This one day program will provide advanced-level program content that offers timely and relevant updates on changes to existing laws and legal precedents, explanations of new laws and regulations, as well as tips and practical tools for legal professionals and association executives. Subcommittee members will work with ASAE staff and legal peers to develop the Annual Association Law Symposium in DC scheduled for September or October 2016. Member assignments include:
- Participation in monthly planning conference call meetings
- Assisting with the creation of break-out sessions and program descriptions to be used for the conference brochure
- Contributing new, innovative and relevant ideas during planning discussions to aid in the development of the premier legal event in the DC area for association executives and attorneys
- Working closely with ASAE staff to identify dynamic speakers and subject matter panel experts
- Partnering with presenters to ensure the timely development and submission of PowerPoint presentations and session handout materials in accordance with set ASAE deadlines
- Promotion of symposium materials and information via various media channels and word of mouth to assist with recruitment of conference attendees
- Attendance at and participation in the Annual Association Law Symposium in DC in September or October 2016
Offer recommendations to ASAE staff regarding prospective passionate volunteers eager to assist with the development of future conferences and learning programs
Members are asked to make at least a one year commitment to conference planning and implementation efforts. The 2016 – 2017 subcommittee term will begin on May 1, 2016. The DC Law Symposium Planning Subcommittee Kickoff meeting will be held on Thursday May 26th, 2016.
Committee members should note that there is no monetary compensation/concession for committee work. However, committee members are able to take advantage of a discounted committee member registration rate (50% off) for those interested in attending the full conference for their own professional development and networking purposes.
ASAE Annual Association Law Symposium in Washington DC
The Annual Association Law Symposium in Washington DC is designed for association and nonprofit attorneys, CEOs, or COOs who are seeking detailed and essential information on the most pressing issues in association law today. If you are an association’s in-house counsel, or an attorney with association clients, this is the symposium for you. Designed to speak directly to lawyers, this program is focused on the latest legal developments and future changes that affect associations. In addition, we recognize that many CEOs and senior-level association executives can be responsible for updating members and staff on the latest laws and regulations. This program will give you the insider perspectives you need to keep abreast of critical legal issues. Previous topics include – Wage and Hour Trends and Best Practices in the Electronic Era, Ethics in Action, and Contract Negotiations.