The Annual Association Law Symposium Planning Subcommittee is dedicated to strengthening the association sector and helping association and legal professionals reach their highest level of performance through the creation of this premier legal conference. This symposium will provide strategic level educational content that offers timely and relevant updates on changes to existing laws and legal precedents, explanations of new laws and regulations, as well as tips and practical tools for legal professionals and association executives. Subcommittee members will work with ASAE staff and legal peers to develop the Annual Association Law Symposium scheduled for August 2018 in Chicago.
Planning committee member assignments include:
- Participation in monthly planning conference call meetings
- Assisting with the creation of break-out sessions and program descriptions to be used for ASAE promotional materials
- Contributing new, innovative and relevant ideas during planning discussions to aid in the development of this leading legal event for association executives and attorneys
- Working closely with ASAE staff to identify dynamic speakers and subject matter panel experts (can include subcommittee members)
- Partnering with presenters to ensure the timely development and submission of PowerPoint presentations and session handout materials in accordance with set ASAE deadlines
- Promotion of symposium materials and information via various social media channels and word of mouth to assist with recruitment of conference attendees
- Registration and participation in the Annual Association Law Symposium in Chicago in August 2018
- Offer recommendations to ASAE staff regarding prospective passionate volunteers eager to assist with the development of future conferences and learning programs
Members are asked to make at least a one year commitment to conference planning and implementation efforts. The 2017 – 2018 subcommittee term will begin on November 6, 2017. Important dates include:
- Nov. 8 – Subcommittee Kickoff Meeting (Conference Call)
- Participate in monthly planning conference call meetings
- August 2018 (Location TBD) – Annual Association Law Symposium in Chicago
ASAE Annual Association Law Symposium
The Annual Association Law Symposium is designed for association and nonprofit attorneys, CEOs, or COOs who are seeking detailed and essential information on the most pressing issues in association law today. If you are an association’s in-house counsel, or an attorney with association clients, this is the symposium for you. Designed to speak directly to lawyers, this program is focused on the latest legal developments and future changes that affect associations. In addition, we recognize that many CEOs and senior-level association executives can be responsible for updating members and staff on the latest laws and regulations. This program will give you the insider perspectives you need to keep abreast of critical legal issues.