M&E Professional Advisory Council - The focus of the council is to utilize their collective talent to provide tools and resources that will help those involved in meetings, expositions and event management in the shaping and planning for the future (strategic versus NOW), identifying new models and creating best practices, and building on past M&E efforts. The council has developed a process for identifying and developing the NEXT BIG issue facing the meetings industry. Meeting Requirements*:
*The vast majority of our work is done at these three meetings, so attendance is critical and is taken in consideration when viewing the applications. FY 21/22 activities include:
- This group requires one orientation call and three meetings, two meeting which are planned as in person:
- Group Orientation Call on Monday, June 21 from 2–3:00 p.m. ET
- First meeting, held virtually on Friday, August 27
- Fall retreat, September 23-25 in Savannah, GA
- Spring 2022 full day meeting in Washington, DC (date tbd)
- Help develop, review, test and support meeting innovations at ASAE’s meetings
- Strong industry knowledge in any of the following areas; meetings industry hospitality, meeting services, meetings, expositions, and event management
- Strategic Thinkers with an awareness of industry trends
- Ability to work in teams to identify industry trends and build out content business plans supported by group facilitator
- Be available to provide insight to industry reporters when requests come into ASAE regarding meetings and expositions about various industry topics.
Year-Long Commitment, Travel required for the three meetings. (exception: August meeting which will be held virtually this year) Applications should answer the following questions:
- In the following application please tell us a bit about your meetings background. Why are you interested in being apart of the M&E Council?
- What important conversations should the M&E Council be having this year to help the industry move forward?
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.