Executive Management Section Council is focused on creating a sense of community and engagement within ASAE among CEOs and other C-level staff executives. Meeting Requirements:
This group requires two face to face meetings each year
- Kick-off meeting on Saturday, August 18, 2018 in conjunction with the ASAE Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois. This meeting is mandatory for new volunteers
- A second in-person meeting is held in the winter at ASAE's headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Conference calls will be scheduled throughout the term
*Current Focus of Work:
The Council is comprised of volunteer association thought leaders who foster community engagement and recommend content for ASAE programs, events, publications and other resources related to the needs and interests of CEOs and senior staff executives.
This group seeks CEOs and C-Suite level staff with several years' experience. Interest in the ASAE Foundation Foresightworks Research is helpful.
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the eligibility requirements and how they can contribute to the current focus of work for the group
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.