The Gold Circle Award (GCA) Committee advises and assists ASAE with administering the Gold Circle Awards program that recognizes excellence in associations marketing, membership, and communications programs. The GCA Committee works to maintain year-round recognition of the GCA program by connecting great ideas and great people to inspire leadership and achievement within the association community. Volunteers will be expected to accomplish this work through their contributions in meetings and smaller work groups.
The Gold Circle Awards Committee members:
- Promote the GCA program throughout the year.
- Review GCA program categories and criteria.
- Lead judging process and select the Gold Circle Award for Overall Excellence.
- Develop content to share best practices (ex. Articles, Models & Samples, Webinars, etc.)Communicate and collaborate with section councils on additional tasks needed to support the GCA Committee.
- All meetings, Kick Off, Overall Excellence recipient, and a debrief will be held.
- Average 5-10 years association industry experience
- Marketing/Membership/Communications association professional
- Virtual Opportunity
- Engaged in ASAE (Volunteer, Conference Attendee, Contributor, etc.)
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
- Committee members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. This meeting will be held virtually.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council, committee, ad-hoc) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.