The Government Relations & Advocacy Professionals Advisory Council (GRAPAC) promotes excellence in association government relations and advocacy by helping to develop innovative programming and engaging content that improves the effectiveness of association GR and advocacy professionals and associations’ activities. The GRAPAC is comprised of three subcommittees: thought leadership and content; educational programming and events; and state and local affairs.
• Recommends and advises ASAE on ways to improve programs and services for members in Government Relations & Advocacy and association executives interested deepening their knowledge of GR and advocacy;
• Advises ASAE Learning staff on learning program content that is Government Relations & Advocacy related (including, speakers, actively helps promote, and participates in the programs;
• Identifies hot topic, perennial, and high-level issues to share/advise ASAE staff Government Relations & Advocacy professionals, for potential session proposals, articles, and models and samples;
• Engages ASAE members in the Government Relations & Advocacy Community through a variety of in-person and online communication vehicles (e.g., ASAE Events, Member Meetups, Collaborate, Webinars, etc.)
• Collaborates with other ASAE volunteer groups to promote association government relations and advocacy events and activities.
The GRAPAC year kicks off with a required Council Virtual Orientation in August 2022. The council term also includes monthly virtual meetings with additional subcommittees meetings throughout the year.