Deadline Extended: Due to the ramifications of COVID-19 and the cancellation of the Marketing, Membership and Communications Conference, the recruitment of volunteers has been adjusted.
It is a group of thought leaders in association marketing who are asked to provide insight, guidance, and support to develop content that ensures ASAE disseminates products and services that exceed the expectations of association marketing professionals seeking to move their work, their organizations and the association community forward. Committee members are asked to participate in strategic conversations on marketing as a function area within associations and should be knowledgeable of the space and trends in order to help create content and learning opportunities for marketing professionals in ASAE’s membership.
Projects for 2020 - 2021 include:
- Assist ASAE staff in the selection of topics and learning labs for the annual Marketing, Membership, and Communications Conference as Peer Reviewers or serving on the program committee.
- Suggest topics, authors, and submits articles on issues relevant in the marketing profession to be disseminated to ASAE’s membership.
- Engages ASAE members in the Marketing Section through a variety of in-person and online communication vehicles (e.g. ASAE Events, Member Meet-ups, Collaborate, Webinars, etc.)
- Collaborates with other ASAE volunteer groups to promote association marketing.
- Assist the Gold Circle Awards competition by promoting and serving as award judges.
- Each council member is expected to participate in a subcommittee or task force.
This group has at least one to face meetings each year. The date of this year's kickoff meeting is TBD.
Eligibility Requirements- Must be a marketing professional, or have a marketing background and/or experience, or have an interest in association marketing. All council members must contribute to at least one or more of the subcommittees and able to participate in monthly council teleconference meetings. Volunteers must be willing to engage in ASAE and with ASAE members.
- New volunteers are required to attend the orientation. This is a virtual meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.