ASAE ForesightWorks Advisory Group Overview
The ASAE ForesightWorks Advisory Group is an ASAE Research Foundation working group. Advisory group members serve a one-year term, renewable for up to three years (or longer if ascending to an advisory group leadership role). ASAE ForesightWorks Advisory Group leaders (chair, vice chair, immediate past chair) and/or staff provide periodic updates to the ASAE Research Foundation Research Committee and other stakeholder groups such as committees and councils.
Advisory Group Charge
The advisory group supports the ASAE Research Foundation’s ASAE ForesightWorks initiative by providing guidance for futures research, strategic initiatives, education, tools, and resources to advance the discipline of foresight within the association community. The advisory group supports the ASAE Research Foundation in reaching its strategic goals and ensuring the information disseminated is timely, accurate, useful, and actionable to meet the needs of associations professionals and the association community. The advisory group identifies critical needs, issues, trends, and other content that will help associations apply and embrace foresight.
Advisory Group Vision
Associations will embrace foresight as a discipline and cultural element, using foresight research and practices to inform association management, anticipate member needs, and help lead important societal and global change.
Advisory Group Objectives
The ASAE ForesightWorks Advisory Group advises ASAE ForesightWorks in achieving these strategic objectives:
· Analyze drivers of change and their implications for associations and their members.
· Champion the practice of foresight through outreach and education within ASAE and throughout the association community.
· Identify challenges in practicing foresight and amplify lessons learned and successes in defining and applying effective practice.
· Establish foresight as an association management competency and board competency.
Advisory Group Member Responsibilities
The ASAE ForesightWorks Advisory Group is a highly engaged group working to sustain this significant foundation program. In their applications for advisory group membership, candidates are asked to affirm their commitment to fulfilling these responsibilities:
· Participate in one full-day meeting held annually in Washington, DC. In 2023, this meeting is targeted for the month of September and is expected to be held virtually.
· Participate in two 60-to-90-minute conference calls during the annual term.
· Serve on at least one advisory group task force addressing a current strategic goal. This work will be conducted through conference calls, email exchanges, and various assignments.
· Stay informed about current ForesightWorks action briefs, resources, and activities.
· Act as an ambassador for the goals and work of ASAE ForesightWorks in any appropriate forums.
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse volunteers for travel expenses.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.