Online Community Rules and Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the ASAE online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all community members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
We understand that the world and our members are becoming more social and connecting online. As such we encourage all to participate in our online community. ASAE hosts several pages on public tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr and YouTube along with Collaborate, our private members’ only social network. All of these platforms are great tools to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. By participating on social platforms that are ASAE branded, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about these guidelines or the tools themselves, contact the ASAE social media team. However, questions about ASAE should be directed to our Member Services Center at 888-950-2723 or email@example.com. For assistance accessing ASAE’s association management resources contact our Knowledge Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, ASAE reserves the right to delete posts or terminate accounts for members who violate these rules.
- Don’t attack others. The discussions on the community platforms are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited and may be removed.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the Community.
- Remember that ASAE and other participants have the right to reproduce postings.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate platforms. Do not spam several tools with the same message.
- Transparency is very important in gaining trust in online relationships, therefore be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on any platform. This means including your real name on your Facebook and twitter accounts along with disclosing your employer and using a profile picture of your likeness and not your company’s logo.
- Decide which platform is best for your message. Just sharing a link? Twitter might be best. Sharing an article with your comments then Facebook might be better. Want to start conversations around a topic? That is best served in Linked in or Collaborate.
- To learn more about how to use these tools please contact the ASAE social media team.
The Legal Stuff
These social media pages, accounts and sites are provided as a service of ASAE. ASAE is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on these sites by others. ASAE disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by ASAE or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall ASAE be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. In addition, by posting material, you grant to ASAE and the members of this community the nonexclusive, world-wide, transferable right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
Content should not be posted if it encourages or facilitates members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Content that encourages or facilitates an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. ASAE does not actively monitor these sites for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ASAE's attention, ASAE will take all appropriate action.
ASAE reserves the right to block any users who do not abide by these guidelines.