The International Section Advisory Council (ISAC) supports association executives whose role in associations includes international activities and outreach. The role also includes support for the growing field of association management worldwide
The Council’s primary objectives:
- Serve in an advisory capacity to ASAE
- Provide member-led content, engagement opportunities and educational offerings to meet the needs of practitioners and organizations working globally; such as: webinars, authoring AssociationsNow articles and curation of articles, submission of sessions, peer reviewers and program advisory committees.
- Identify global association professionals and help bring their expertise to ASAE content.
- Represent, connect with and engage the larger body of ASAE international members.
This group has two in-person meetings with one of those meetings scheduled at the ASAE Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada August 8, Saturday, 2020. A second meeting will be held in the winter of 2021 in DC at the ASAE Headquarters or held in conjunction with an ASAE event held elsewhere. In person attendance is expected, however virtual attendance may be offered. We will host a virtual orientation to kick-off the council before the first in-person meeting. Participation in this meeting is mandatory for new and returning council members.
- Experience in global development
- Ability to advise and support the creation of international content for ASAE members
Industry experience needed: 5-7 years in an internationally operating association
- All volunteers are required to participate in the volunteer group’s virtual orientation meeting in order to serve. Members can either participate live during the orientation or listen to the recording of the session
- All new members are required to participate in the kickoff meeting to serve. Members can either participate in person or virtually.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve on 1 (one) year-long volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
- New members must attend a virtual orientation session prior to Annual Meeting.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.