The Association Law Online Conference Planning Subcommittee is dedicated to strengthening the association sector and helping association executives and non-legal professionals reach their highest level of performance through the creation of a legal conference. This three-day online conference is designed for association executives that do not have a legal background, but need to keep up with and understand the basics of association law as well as late-breaking developments that could affect their operations. The goal for 2017 is to offer relevant content that focuses on current trends and issues affecting associations.. Subcommittee members will work with ASAE staff and legal peers to develop the Association Law Online Conference scheduled for March 27-29, 2017.
Member assignments include:
- Participate in one (1) or two (2) conference calls per month beginning in October 2016. The early planning stages may require two calls per month.
- Work with ASAE University staff to identify ten (10) to fourteen (14) session topics with learning objectives and content descriptions, and also identify dynamic speakers for each session.
- Contributing new, innovative and relevant ideas during planning discussions to aid in the development of the premier online legal event for association executives and attorneys
- Partnering with presenters to ensure the timely development and submission of PowerPoint presentations and session handout materials in accordance with set ASAE deadlines
- Promotion of symposium materials and information via various media channels and word of mouth to assist with recruitment of conference attendees
- Attendance at and participation in the Association Law Online Conference in March 2017
- Offer recommendations to ASAE staff regarding prospective passionate volunteers eager to assist with the development of future conferences and learning programs
- Assist ASAE staff in moderating live sessions during the conference.
Members are asked to make at least a 6 month commitment to conference planning and implementation efforts. The 2016 subcommittee term will begin on November 1, 2016.
Early October (Exact Date TBD) - Association Law Online Conference Planning Subcommittee Kickoff Meeting
March 27th-29th – Association Law Online Conference
ASAE Association Law Online Conference
Association Law for Non-Lawyers is a web-based education program that provides essential and up-to-date association legal information created specifically for the non-attorney whose work encompasses legal tasks. This online conference is an exclusive learning and networking opportunity designed to provide you with a basic understanding of the latest legal issues facing associations as well as tips and practical tools that can be implemented immediately.
This three-day conference is the fastest, most convenient, and most affordable way to increase your association legal knowledge. Offered through a robust and easy-to-use online platform, Association Law Online Conference features high-quality education led by some of the most recognized association law experts in the country. Whether you're a CEO who needs more familiarity with the laws affecting your organization or an association professional wanting to learn more about the legal aspects of association management, this program is for you.
Applications for this opportunity will be accepted until September 19 or sufficient applications have been received.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
ASAE will provide leadership and commit time and resources to accomplish this objective while serving as a model to other associations engaged in D+I endeavors.