Description: Finance and Business Operations (FBO) Professionals Advisory Council (also includes Human Resources) -Works to support ASAE’s community for association finance, business operations, and human resources professionals by identifying pertinent areas of content related to financial, human resources, and administration/operations management issues. The group also creates content and works to foster a sense of community within the FBO Community. The group’s work includes brainstorming potential topics and authors for FBO/HR topics for electronic articles, virtual programs, peer networking; specialized professional development and two section discussion groups (FBO and HR) in Collaborate, ASAE’s online community.
Projects for FY 2019 - 2020 include:
- Generate topic ideas
- Identify content leaders
- Create content for ASAE articles
- Identify and assist in gathering models and samples
- Identify topics and speakers for FHRBO virtual facilitated conversations programs
- Provide additional resources focused on assisting members of the Finance, Business Operations and Human Resources Community.
- Work with ASAE staff and ad hoc volunteers to select proposals and promote the 2020 Associations@Work conference (formerly, known as FHRBOC).
If selected to be a member of the Finance Business and Operations Section Council, you are encouraged to attend the Associations @ Work Conference – October 21st-22nd.
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the skills needed and how they can contribute to the projects of the group
This group requires two face to face meetings each year, a kickoff meeting on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, from 9:30 am-1: 00 pm following the Associations@Work Conference on October 21-22, 2019 and a Spring Meeting in 2020 in Washington, DC. The date of this meeting will be determined by the group at its October meeting. New appointees to the council are required to attend the in-person kick-off meeting for the group on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, at ASAE Headquarter offices, 1575 I Street NW, Washington, DC. (The second face-to-face meeting is typically one day in length in Washington, DC. Council members are expected to attend these meetings at their own expense.) There may also be virtual meetings related to projects. Their frequency is determined in partnership with staff.
Also, as the council helps choose the proposals for Associations@Work Conference, council members are strongly encouraged to attend the conference itself, October 21-22.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.