- Kick-off meeting will be held at ASAE Annual Meeting in Chicago Illinois on Saturday August 18, 2017. This meeting is mandatory for new council members.
- A second meeting will be held at ASAE headquarters in the spring of 2019 with the option to participate in person or virtually.
- Conference calls will be scheduled throughout the term
*Projects for 2017-2018 include:
- Collecting and providing resources about ethics codes, policies, and practices.
- Promoting an understanding and application of appropriate behaviors for association executives, the associations they represent, their volunteer leaders, and their industry partners and consultants in the context of ASAE’s Standards of Conduct.
- Developing ethics related tools for the association community and educating the community on why and how to use these tools.
An interest in ethics, as well as background knowledge in organizational culture or human resources is helpful.
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the skills needed and how they can contribute to the 2018-2019 projects of the group
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.