In 2021, the ASAE Diversity + Inclusion Committee assessed and realigned its focus. We have completed the 2019 – 2021 DEI strategic plan and now embrace the organization’s overarching strategy that heavily incorporates diversity, equity, and inclusion for all goals in the coming years.
Moving forward, the committee aims to support that strategy while meeting the needs of ASAE and its membership in an advisory capacity. With so many DEI initiatives advancing throughout ASAE (on a staff level, via committees and councils, through the research foundation, and for us all as individual members), the committee has a unique opportunity to understand that global picture, prevent duplicative efforts, and have a voice in the direction the association community can take.
Volunteer activity begins in January 2022 with an orientation call and ends in December.
- Attend ASAE Volunteer Orientation in January, Date: TBD
- Attend the mandatory kickoff meeting in early February 2022
- A 3 to 5-hour commitment per month
- Committee members meet via conference call each month for 60 minutes. Date and time TBD. You may be asked to participate in workgroup discussions at a different time.
- Actively participate in discussions in ASAE Collaborate discussion groups.
The Committee is especially interested in members working in diversity, inclusion, and equity as all or part of their work. Projects for 2022 include:
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the eligibility requirements and how they can contribute to the 2022 projects.
- Support ASAE’s strategic plan’s focus on top-level commitment and accountability through discussions, examples, and resources to aid C-Suite leadership with DEI.
- Expand on the framework of Empowered Women to other dimensions of diversity in associations.
- Identify and support communications of DEI activities within ASAE and the industry for association professionals.
- Support data gathering and benchmarking best practices within ASAE related to DEI and share our findings within the industry.
- Support ASAE’s Research Foundation on their DEI research efforts to provide valuable information to the industry.