Technology Professional Advisory Council serves in the advisory capacity to ASAE. Provides guidance and recommends content for technology practitioners and organizations through contributions to Associations Now, maintaining and monitoring technology discussions in the technology community on Collaborate, advising staff on content for such programs as the annual ASAE Technology Conference. Technology Professional Advisory Council members assist in creating a sense of community among association information technology professionals. This group has one mandatory virtual kickoff meeting, held the morning of Thursday, December 10, the day after the Technology Exploration Conference (TEC), on December 8-9, 2020.
Projects for 2021 include:
- Create a framework for association technology education
- Create a framework for technology acquisition and implementation
- Promote the value of sound business solutions
- Join monthly council teleconferences
- Create content for association technology newsletters
- Structure technology acquisition and implementation
- Vet technology solutions
- Promote technology education
- Represent, connect with, and engage the larger body of ASAE technology members.
- Attend the mandatory virtual kickoff meeting on December 10
- Expect to commit approximately 3-5 hours per month to this council
- Members meet virtually on the third Thursday of each month for 60 minutes
- Participate in work group discussions outside of scheduled monthly meeting
- Represent, connect with, and engage the larger body of ASAE technology members
*When filling out the application, applicants are encouraged to speak directly to how they meet the eligibility requirements and how they can contribute to the 2018-2019 projects of the group.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse volunteer members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.