The Healthcare Community Advisory Committee is charged to assist ASAE in advising and support the creation of services for Healthcare Association Professionals.
This group requires 1 virtual orientation meeting and two face to face meetings each year
- Virtual Orientation Meeting- Thursday, July 16, 2:00-2:30 pm ET
- In-person Kick-off Meeting- Saturday, August 8, 2020, 1:00 pm-4:00 pm PT in conjunction with ASAE Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, NV. This meeting is mandatory for new volunteers. As of right now, ASAE intends to hold our Annual Meeting in person. If this changes, this meeting may change to an online meeting. Applicants will b notified if this change is made.
- The second in-person meeting is held Winter 2021 at ASAE Headquarters in Washington, DC
- Conference calls are scheduled for the 3rd Wednesday every other month starting in October 2020.
*Projects for the 2020-2021 year:
- Development of quality and timely programming ideas for ASAE conferences.
- Building a resource base of knowledge and tools for healthcare association professionals including articles, book clubs, and member-led webinars.
- Identifying trends and possible disruptions healthcare associations will face in the near future.
Subcommittees within the Committee:
Applicants will be asked to select at least 2 subcommittees they want to work on during the 2020-2021 term. There are two types of subcommittees:
Working Subcommittee- This group actively creates or supports the creation of articles, volunteer led free webinars, and/or submits proposals to ASAE conferences
Advisory Subcommittee- This subcommittee discusses the topics facing Healthcare associations, invites ASAE staff to listen to the discussions and can make formal written recommendations for ASAE to explore. This group is advisory and should not plan to actively work on content creation during the term.
Subcommittee Topics for the 2020-2021 Term:
The 2020-2021 Healthcare Community Advisory Committee (HCAC) is continuing its exploration of the following ASAE Foresightworks Drivers of Change: Summaries and Forecasts` as well as exploring ways in which ASAE can support emerging Healthcare Association trends. Here are the following subcommittees:
Disrupting Healthcare Working Subcommittee
Declining Trust Working Subcommittee
Population Health Working Subcommittee
Healthcare Advisory Subcommittee (this is not a Foresightworks topic, this topic will be defined within this subcommittee in the 2020-2021 term)
Applicants should have demonstrated experience and knowledge around issues surrounding the work of association management professionals in the healthcare field.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.