The Young Professionals Advisory Committee (YPAC) guides and recommends activities for ASAE’s young association professionals that build community and learning opportunities that are relevant to young associations professionals today. It helps create a foundation for ASAE’s young professionals by working together with ASAE volunteer leaders and staff. 2021-2022 Work of the Group:
- The Young Professionals Advisory Committee will continue with their work in the following:
- Grow Engagement With Live Events: Support Online Learning & Virtual Launches, Expand Drinks & Discover Program, Support ASAE Annual Meeting Planning
- Grow YP Community Grow YP Community by engaging YPs outside of YPAC for opportunities within ASAE, Engage State/Regional/Local Level SAEs, Support ASAE Engagement with YP Membership On-Boarding.
- Grow YP Content: Associations Now/YP Blog Takeover, Create Content/Support YP Social Media Presence. Grow YP Culture of Giving: APAC, Foundation
*New volunteers are required to attend the kickoff meeting in order to serve.Eligibility Requirements:Must meet ASAE’s YP age requirement – 35 and under
- Virtual Kick Off Meeting: The week of August 16, 2021*
- Mid Year Meeting: March 2022
- Monthly virtual meetings
Not all applicants will be accepted for this committee. The selection committee is comprised of the incoming volunteer chair, the incoming volunteer vice chair, the outgoing volunteer chair, and the ASAE executive staff liaison. The ASAE staff liaison plays a supporting role in this process. The following factors are reviewed in the selection process:
Applications- Applicants should clearly define, in their application, how they can best serve on this group as outlined in the above description.
- 2020-2023 ASAE Strategic Plan Framework
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s orientation in order to serve.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings.
Diversity of Voice- With support of ASAE staff, the selection committee utilizes the ASAE Board Diversity Policy and Volunteer Model to ensure the group is comprised of a variety of voices from the membership. To support this effort, all ASAE members can log into their main ASAE account and update their information in their ASAE Profile to ensure it is complete and up to date.
• New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve.
• ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
• Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.