M&E Professional Advisory Council - The focus of the council is to utilize their collective talent to provide tools and resources that will help those involved in meetings, expositions, and event management in the shaping and planning for the future (strategic versus NOW), identifying new models and creating best practices, and building on past M&E efforts. The council has developed a process for identifying and developing the NEXT BIG issue facing the meetings industry.
The group requires three in-person meetings; the first meeting is at ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday, August 8, 2020. Other meetings will be a fall retreat, October 22-24 in Savannah, GA and in the spring of 2021 in Washington, DC.
The vast majority of our work is done in person, so meeting attendance is critical and is taken into consideration when viewing the applications.
FY 20/21 activities include:
- Participate in the Group Orientation Call on Monday, June 15 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Help develop, review, test and support meeting innovations at ASAE’s meetings
- Strong industry knowledge in any of the following areas; meetings industry hospitality, meeting services, meetings, expositions, and event management
- Strategic Thinkers with an awareness of industry trends
- Ability to work in teams to identify industry trends and build out content business plans supported by a group facilitator
- Be available to provide insight to industry reporters when requests come into ASAE regarding meetings and expositions about various industry topics.
Time Commitment: Year-Long Commitment, Travel required for three in-person meetings.
Eligibility Requirements: 7-10 years of industry experience
Number of Volunteers Needed: 6 open slots (4 Planners / 2 Industry Partners)
Industry experience needed: Designing, developing, delivering and hosting meetings, tradeshows, and events.
- New volunteers are required to attend the volunteer group’s kickoff meeting in order to serve. There is no virtual option for this meeting in August.
- Council members (or their organizations) pay their own travel expenses to attend meetings. ASAE does not reimburse Board, Committee, or Council members for travel.
- Members can only serve 1 (one) volunteer group (council or committee) at a time.
In principle and in practice, ASAE values and seeks diversity and inclusive practices within the association management industry.
ASAE promotes involvement, innovation, and expanded access to leadership opportunities that maximize engagement across identity groups and professional levels. Identity groups include and are not limited to age, appearance, disability, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, nationality, professional level, race, religion, and sexual orientation.